Last week we worked on stays and recalls with all the dogs loose which was super successful and fun. Continue to work on that as it is a great exercise to build duration.
We will not have class next week because the ranch is hosting a herding seminar so this homework will take you over to the fifth week of class on May 10th.
- Backing to 2 feet on and 2 feet off a box.
- Going forward to 2 feet on and 2 feet off a box.
- Figure 8 two obstacles. Don’t spread the obstacles apart till the dog is incredibly enthusiastic and sending to the obstacle (trees, chairs, cones).
- Loose leash walking. Use the same method we used to build the stay. Keep your dog engaged and happy while walking in “heel” position.
- Sit, go through a gate, sit and look at you till going off in a relaxed manner with a loose leash.
That’s all for now, Nancy